1 Minute Drop Sponges With Berries And Cream
These sponges are a perfect quick dessert recipe for those of you with little time to spare. Makes 16 sponges approx.
- 2 Medium Eggs
- 1/3 cup /2 oz Castor Sugar
- 1/3 cup /2 oz Self raising flour
- ¼ tsp Vanilla Extract
- ½ lb Strawberries
- 1 tablesp Castor Sugar
- 1 cup /½ Pint Unsweetened Cream, whipped
- Add eggs, vanilla essence and sugar to a mixing bowl.
- Whisk until it makes a thick mousse.
- Strain in the flour and fold gently with a metal spoon until it is completely absorbed by the mixture.
- Preheat the Crisping Dish
- When fully heated quickly drop four dessert spoons of the mixture on to the Crisping Dish.
- Cook for 45 seconds.
- Turn and cook for a further 15 seconds.
- If you wish to make more, preheat the Crisping Dish for an additional 45 seconds each time before using.
- The sponges can be cooled on a wire rack, but are best eaten warm.
For the topping:
- Wash the strawberries and cut into chunks.
- Place into a microwave proof bowl and heat until sugar has dissolved. Stir it up to coat the strawberries.
- The topping can be eaten either on the side or piled on top of the sponges. Any berries can be used for this dish.