This is my favorite recipe. Blows me away every time. It is delicious when served slightly warm, about 40 minutes after cooking. The pastry is quick and easy to make as it is all done in the food processor. This pastry is excellent for all sweet tarts.
30cm Browning Dish
Sweet crust pastry
- Beat the flour, butter and sugar in a food processor until crumbs are formed.
- Add the egg yolk and beat until the ingredients form dough.
- Wrap the dough in Saran wrap and chill for 30 minutes
- Roll out the dough evenly and place on the preheated Crisper pan, making sure it covers the whole surface, including the sides.
- Cook for 4 minutes on high in the microwave
- Warm the cream to just below boiling point
- Add the broken chocolate pieces and stir until melted
- Lightly whisk the egg and additional egg yolk in a cup and pour into the chocolate mixture. Stir in thoroughly.
- Pour the filling into the pastry case and microwave for 6 minutes on a medium setting.
- After this cook the tart for an additional 1-minute on high.
- The tart should have a wobble when you remove it from the microwave. Leave to cool for about forty minutes or until it has almost completely set.
- Serve with whipped cream or vanilla ice-cream.